Saturday, February 2, 2013

Honey Beer Bread

This bread is wonderful!  Super easy to put together, then all you have to do is bake!  No kneading, rising, punching, etc.  This is my new go-to bread recipe.  I found it through pinterest.  I adapted it slightly and added cornmeal - and it is my favorite part!  You can also make it without the honey if you prefer, I have seen the same recipe elsewhere without it, but I really liked the sweetness it added.

Honey Beer Bread

3 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 T baking powder
1 t salt
2 T honey (warm)
12 oz beer or pop
1/2 stick butter - melted
1 T cornmeal

Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.  Pour in beer and honey, mix until just combined.  Spray a 9x5" pan with cooking spray, then sprinkle the cornmeal in the bottom of the pan.  Pour batter into pan and top with melted butter.  Bake at 350° for 1 hour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment