Monday, February 25, 2013

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

I had looked through many recipe books for a great oatmeal raisin cookie recipe.  Most had you plumping the raisins up with water and that seemed time consuming.  I finally got my perfect recipe when I ordered frozen dough from a family at my church for a fundraiser.  I loved them, asked for the recipe, and will never try another again, they are perfect!

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup shortening
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp water - hot
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup flour
2 cup oatmeal
1 1/2 cup raisins

Beat together sugar, brown sugar, and shortening. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in vanilla and hot water. Stir in oatmeal, flour, baking soda, and salt until just mixed. Stir in raisins. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto baking sheet and bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment