Monday, February 18, 2013

Creamy Ranch Chicken

I found this recipe on pinterest.  I read it and then a couple of days later I made it without rechecking the recipe.  It turns out that I was supposed to use italian dressing mix, but I used ranch dressing mix.  It was a good mistake, it turned out delicious!

Creamy Ranch Chicken

1 bag frozen chicken breasts
1 envelope ranch dressing mix
1/2 cup water
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz cream cheese

Mix water and dressing mix, pour into crock pot.  Place frozen breasts into crock pot and turn on low.  About 4 hours in I like to trim the fat from the chicken because I am lazy and do not thaw it ahead of time, this is optional.  After 7 hours, add the soup and cream cheese, let it heat for another hour before serving.  The liquids make a wonderful sauce that is great on pasta or rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment