Friday, May 6, 2016

Peanut Butter Banana Bread

Henry begs me almost every day to make him some banana bread.  The problem is that he doesn't like banana bread.  He just thinks that he does.  Any time I make it he takes one bite and says he likes it, but doesn't eat any more of the loaf.  I thought that adding peanut butter to the Banana Bites recipe and forming it into a loaf might be a winning combination (and it is) but he still doesn't like it.  That doesn't mean he won't ask me again tomorrow. :)  If I made this again, I would do it in the bite form, the bread was not as fun to eat.

Peanut Butter Banana Bread

2 bananas
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup oat flour (process oats until they are the consistency of flour)
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla

Mash bananas with a fork.  Add oatmeal, oat flour, brown sugar, salt, vanilla, and peanut butter and stir until dough forms.  Pour batter into a lightly greased loaf pan and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.  Alternately, you could scoop out cookie bites and bake for 12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment