Thursday, May 26, 2016

Red Sauce Chicken

This was called Aromatic Chicken Pot in the cookbook I got it from, but I am going to call it Red Sauce Chicken because that is a horrible name.  I got the cookbook from the library and I found a lot of recipes in it I want to try - it is called The Modern Dutch Oven Cookbook from Rockridge Press.  It is allergy free for Henry when paired with rice instead of pasta.  I made a few changes to the recipe - reducing the onion and switching to spaghetti sauce from tomato sauce, omitting a few items too.  You can also add diced bell pepper to the sauce.  It tasted great, and I didn't have to listen to the children whine about having to eat chicken - the girls just had pasta with sauce.

Red Sauce Chicken

1 1/2 jar spaghetti sauce
1 T onion - diced
3 cloves garlic - minced
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp chili powder
1 T red wine vinegar
dash salt & pepper
1 bag chicken breasts

In your dutch oven, mix spaghetti sauce, onion, garlic, oregano, chili powder, vinegar, salt, and pepper.  Trim chicken and add to pot, stirring until the chicken is coated with sauce.  Cover and bake at 350° for 1 1/2 hours.  Serve over pasta or rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment