Thursday, April 6, 2017

Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies


My sister-in-law Sue brought these to a get together the other night and I had to get the recipe from her.  She said her niece Rebecca always brings these to gatherings and everyone always needs to get the recipe.  They are that good.  The original recipe is for unsalted butter and calls for 1 1/2 tsp salt.  I always use salted butter, so I reduced the salt to 1 tsp.  It also called to bake them at 375° for 13-15 minutes, but I found that they were almost overdone at 11-12 minutes, so watch them!  I also decided to try 350° next time since they ended up a little bit darker than I would have liked, so that is what I put in the recipe instructions.

Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 stick butter - melted
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
3 eggs - 2 whole eggs plus 1 3/4 T of the 3rd egg, beaten
3 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
2 1/2 cup chocolate chips

Beat together butter and sugars.  Add vanilla and eggs (picky, see above) and beat until blended.  Add flour, salt, and baking soda and beat until the dough forms.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Scoop out 1/4 cup of dough and flatten into 3" diameter, six per baking sheet.  Bake at 350° for 11-12 minutes, checking the first batch at 10 minutes to make sure they are not overbaking.  They are done when the edges are lightly browned and the center is still slightly undercooked.  Leave them on the pan for 5-7 minutes to set, then place on a wire rack to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment