Thursday, April 6, 2017

Frosted Brownies

I keep making variations on my scratch brownie recipes.  I blended the brownie base from this recipe with the Chocolate Buttercream Frosting from this recipe.  They are just as awesome as I was hoping.  I get requests at work to bring these in.

Frosted Brownies

Brownies:
2 stick butter - melted
2 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
4 eggs
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Frosting:
1/2 stick butter - melted
2 T milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup cocoa
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar

Stir together butter, sugar, and vanilla.  Add eggs, stirring after each addition. Stir in cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, and salt.  Pour into a lightly greased 9x13" baking dish.  Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.  While the brownies are baking, make frosting.  Beat together butter, milk, vanilla, cocoa, and powdered sugar.  After the brownies have cooled for 5 minutes, spread the frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment