Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Ramen Noodle Salad

I got this recipe from my sister Lindsey.  I will have to trust everyone else that it is good - I just can't eat it - I never learned how to like a salad.  I made it the other day without the almonds and green onions and no one complained, but maybe they were being nice!  I didn't get a picture though, so it must have been ok.

Ramen Noodle Salad

1 package ramen (chicken flavor)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
14 oz bag coleslaw mix
5 oz slivered almonds - toasted
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
4 green onions - chopped


Crush ramen noodles inside the package, then open and remove seasoning packet.  In a small bowl, whisk together seasoning packet, vegetable oil, cider vinegar, and sugar.  Just before serving, mix together coleslaw mix, almonds, sunflower seeds, and onions.  Toss with dressing and serve.

1 comment:

  1. I recommend the oriental flavor -- it is our favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete