Saturday, March 5, 2016

Cookies & Cream Popcorn

I wanted to make some type of popcorn treat, and scoured pinterest for the most interesting looking one.  I love oreos, so I had to try this one from Chef in Training.  It is a nice salty & sweet snack.  I added a little bit more popcorn to it so that it made more and also so that there wasn't quite so much white chocolate per bite.  Jer wasn't a huge fan, so we brought it to work to finish it off.

Cookies & Cream Popcorn

24 oz white almond bark
20 oreos - crushed
1 bag popcorn - I used boom chicka pop prepopped corn, and actually used a bit more from a partial bag

Melt almond bark in the microwave on 40% power, stirring frequently.  Stir in oreo crumbs.  Using a very large bowl, mix in the popcorn and chocolate mixture until well coated.  Place in airtight container to set.  Break into bite sized pieces when the chocolate has hardened.

No comments:

Post a Comment