Monday, March 14, 2016

Chicken Rice Soup


Jeremy's mom made this soup and I had to have the recipe.  It is great when you are feeling sick or need something warm!  I decided to make it today because dad is sick.  I didn't have the celery in the house or bouillon granules (they contain wheat, so I have switched to stocking chicken broth).  So today I just omitted the celery and added the end of the box of chicken broth.  It was pretty thick, but I kind of like it that way.  I also cooked a bag of chicken breasts instead of a whole chicken because I decided around noon that I wanted to make it for supper.

Chicken Rice Soup

1 chicken - cooked & cubed
1 T onion - chopped
2 carrots - chopped
1 cup celery - chopped
5 oz mrs. grass noodle soup mix
1 1/2 T chicken bouillon granules
1 cup rice - uncooked
dash salt & pepper

Place all ingredients in a large pot. Add water to desired consistency. Simmer for 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment