Monday, March 17, 2014

Blueberry Cornbread

We made blueberry pancakes the other night but did not use up all of the berries in the bag from the freezer.  I wanted to make muffins or something with it, and corn muffins sounded good, so I searched online for a recipe, but all of them were with cornmeal, and I only had a corn muffin mix.  So I decided to make one up.  I made the batter according to the box, but added sugar and blueberries.  And some raw sugar on top, yum.  Also I was too lazy to make them as muffins, so I just put it all in a small pan.  It ended up tasting like a coffee cake.

Blueberry Cornbread

1 box corn muffin mix
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup blueberries.
raw sugar

Mix together corn muffin mix, egg, milk, and sugar.  Fold in blueberries.  Spoon into a greased pan and sprinkle with raw sugar.  Bake at 450° for 22 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment