Sunday, January 26, 2014

Sweet Potato Wedges

We bought some sweet potatoes at the store, so I googled sweet potato recipes and went to the Food Network website and found this recipe by Ina Garten.  They were delicious, and I don't really like sweet potatoes that much, so that is saying something.  This picture is of the last 6 slices that did not get eaten, I forgot to take a nice picture.  I am rereading the recipe now, and realize that I did not follow her directions, she peeled the sweet potatoes, but really, I thought that the crisp skin was a plus, so I recommend not doing that.

Sweet Potato Wedges

4-5 medium sweet potatoes
2 T olive oil
1 T brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Cut sweet potatoes into wedges (a medium potato should yield 6-8 wedges).  Pour oil into a sheet pan with edges and toss with potato wedges.  In a small prep bowl, whisk together brown sugar, salt, and pepper.  Sprinkle over potatoes.  Bake at 450° for 15 minutes, flip potatoes, then bake an additional 5-10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment