Sunday, January 26, 2014

Butter Rolls

I got the recipe for these rolls out of a church or school cookbook, I can't remember which, but they are simply delicious.

Butter Rolls

3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup water
1/2 stick butter - melted
1 egg
3 cup bread flour
2 T sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp yeast

Pour milk and water into bread pan. Add butter, egg, sugar, and salt. Add bread flour, then make a well in the bread flour with your finger, and measure the yeast into the well. Place the pan in the breadmaker, put on dough setting, and press start. After the machine is done making the dough, divide into 12 greased muffin tins and bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes.  Can also be used for 10 hamburger buns.  For extra goodness, brush tops with butter after 25 minutes in the oven.

Doubled recipe:

1 1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1 stick butter - melted
2 egg
6 cup bread flour
4 T sugar
2 tsp salt
4 tsp yeast

When I doubled it, I premixed it before putting it into my breadmaker - it was close to filling the pan and I wanted to make sure it got mixed well.

No comments:

Post a Comment