Monday, October 21, 2013

Chicken & Rice Soup

As I look for allergy free recipes, soups have been a home run.  This is the third soup I have made this week.  I did a google search and came across this recipe.  I modified it a bit to my taste, what I had in the house, and the fact that I can't eat crackers.  I put in 3 times the rice, so there is very little broth left.  If you like dipping crackers, I would cut back on the rice.

Chicken & Rice Soup

1 T olive oil
1 onion - diced
2 garlic cloves - minced
2 medium carrots - cut into quarters lengthwise, then sliced
2 celery sticks - halved lengthwise, then sliced
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp oregano
2 box chicken broth
3 cup rice
2-3 cups chicken
dash garlic salt

Pour olive oil into soup pot, add onion, garlic, carrots, and celery.  Cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes until vegetables are cooked but not brown.  Add chicken broth, thyme, oregano, and garlic salt.  Process chicken in a food processor until chicken is shredded.  Pour chicken and rice into soup pot.  Cook over low heat for at least 30 minutes to blend flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment