Saturday, April 30, 2016

Black Beans


Jer had mentioned that he wanted to have black beans the next time we had tacos.  He took all of the kids with him on a car ride to nana's while I made dinner, so I decided to do more than just heat up a can.  I looked online for a recipe, and settled on this one from Allrecipes.com.  I am not a huge onion fan, so I reduced the amount of onion and I made a couple of other changes.  It was so good!  Jer said that they tasted like Mexican restaurant black beans.

Black Beans

1 can black beans
1 T onion - diced
1 garlic clove - minced
dash salt
dash red pepper flakes

Drain the liquid from the top of the can and pour the rest along with the beans into a saucepan.  Add onion, garlic, and season with salt and red pepper flakes.  Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment