Sunday, November 1, 2015

Lasagna

This is the lasagna I grew up on.  I never remember to buy cottage cheese at the store, since this is the only thing that I use it for.  That must be why I haven't made it in forever.  That will no longer be the case though - the girls loved it!  And since they complain about almost everything I make for dinner, we will put this into heavier rotation.

Lasagna

1 LB hamburger
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 pint cottage cheese
10 lasagna noodles
2 cup mozzarella cheese
diced green pepper (optional)

Brown hamburger, drain. Mix with spaghetti sauce. Pour half of mixture in a 9x13" pan. Layer half of lasagna noodles, pour cottage cheese on top and spread. Layer the rest of the lasagna noodles, then pour the other half of the sauce mixture on top. Add mozzarella cheese on top, add green pepper, then cover with foil and bake at 425° for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 more minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment