Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Chunky Applesauce

I learned to make this chunky applesauce from my mother.  She makes a lot of applesauce, many different ways, this is one of them.  She loves Paula Reds, as do I, so that is what I used today.  I also like it with McIntosh.  If you are following mom's recipe, add more sugar than you think it needs, then add a bit more. :)

Chunky Applesauce

apples
sugar

Peel, core, and slice apples, place in a large microwave safe bowl.  Fill to about 2/3 full, then microwave for 8-10 minutes.  Mash it with a large spoon or potato masher until it is mostly mashed, but still has a few chunks in it.  Now you can either sweeten to taste with sugar, or freeze what you don't need right away, and sweeten after you thaw it back out.

No comments:

Post a Comment