Thursday, May 9, 2013

Mexican Rice

There is a Mexican restaurant that I love because of their Mexican rice.  I have always wanted to make it at home but had not found a good recipe.  I can stop looking, this was delicious!  I found it on Pinterest, the original recipe was by Rick Bayless, and then this girl modified it to her tastes, and I changed it a bit too, I went with corn instead of peas, it just seems to fit better with Mexican food to me.  I also added potatoes, like Margarita's version.  If you do not have hash browns in the house, you can substitute tater tots - just stir well at the end.

Mexican Rice

1 1/2 cup rice
1 1/2 T vegetable oil
1 cup salsa
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup corn - frozen
1 cup hash browns - frozen

Pour oil and rice into a pan and heat over high heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Add salsa, chicken broth, and salt and bring to a boil.  Add corn and potatoes and mix well.  Pour into a casserole dish, cover, and bake at 350° for 1 hour.

Doubled recipe:

3 cup rice
3 T vegetable oil
2 cup salsa
2 cup chicken broth
1 tsp salt
3 cup corn - frozen
2 cup hash browns - frozen

No comments:

Post a Comment