Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Oatmeal Peanut Butter M&M Cookies

I found these cookies on Plain Chicken.  I made a couple of tweaks to the recipe - I don't like crunchy peanut butter so I switched to creamy and I also added a teaspoon of salt, since it seemed like a mistake - there is always a teaspoon of salt in every cookie recipe I have ever made, and I once made some oatmeal raisin cookies and forgot the salt, and let me tell you, that was a lot of work for nothing, they were quite a disappointment.  I did not want to have the same thing happen this time, so I made the change and I am happy that I did, I think that they would have been missing something without it.  These are sooo good!  Crunchy and yet still a bit chewy in the middle - perfect!

Oatmeal Peanut Butter M&M Cookies

1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 stick butter - softened
1 1/2 cups peanut butter (wowbutter - peanut free)
1 T karo syrup
3 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
4 1/2 cups oats
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 bag chocolate chips
1 cup M&Ms

In a large bowl, beat together sugars, butter, peanut butter and karo syrup.  Add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.  Add oats, baking soda, and salt.  Mix well.  Stir in chocolate chips and M&Ms.  Use a 2 T equivalent cookie scoop and drop heaping scoops on cookie sheet, only 9 per sheet.  Flatten them with the palm of your hand.  Bake at 325° for 18 minutes.  Cool for 2 minutes, then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment