Saturday, October 15, 2016

Caramel Swirl Brownies


I decided that I wanted to make Caramel Swirl Brownies for a meeting at work.  I looked online for a recipe and didn't find what I wanted.  I wanted to use store bought caramel dip for apples as the swirl, but all I could find were recipes where you take a whole bag of caramels, unwrap them, and cook with evaporated milk. Then I opened the cupboard to grab a box of brownie mix.  No mix.  Did I give up?  No way!  I grabbed a scratch brownie recipe from my cookie brownies.  And eyeballed the caramel dip, then baked for a while, checked, baked some more, checked, and so on :)  I think the bake time is around 40 minutes, but check ahead of time so that you do not burn them.

Caramel Swirl Brownies

2 stick butter - melted
2 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
4 eggs
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
6oz caramel dip - or more to taste

Melt butter, stir in sugar and vanilla.  Add eggs, stirring after each addition. Stir in cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, and salt.  Pour into a lightly greased 9x13" baking dish.  With a large spoon, place 5-6 scoops of dip scattered over the dough.  Using the spoon or a spatula, swirl the caramel through the batter.  Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment