Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Sticky Buns

I adapted this recipe from a lady at my church.  I make them for a group of women who get together every month, and make them almost every time.  If I make something else, I am asked to bring the sticky buns for the next time - they are that good!

Sticky Buns

2 loaves frozen white bread - thawed
1 stick butter - melted
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
3 T milk
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp butter - melted
1 tsp vanilla
milk

Grease a 9x13" pan. Break one loaf into walnut sized pieces and place in the bottom of the pan. Mix together butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and 3 T milk, pour half over bread, break the second loaf and pour remaining cinnamon mixture on top. Let rise in fridge overnight. Cover with tin foil and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Glaze: Mix powdered sugar, butter, vanilla and milk to desired consistency, pour over warm buns.

No comments:

Post a Comment