Monday, January 28, 2013

Meatloaf

I modified this recipe from my dad's.  I really love the brown sugar/ketchup mixture on top, it really makes it delicious.  I am also someone who doesn't usually have onion in the house, and I also don't like to bite into big chunks of onion in meatloaf, so I use onion flakes instead for the flavor.

Meatloaf

1 LB hamburger
1 tsp onion flakes
1 cup oatmeal
2 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 T mustard
1/4 cup ketchup
1 egg - beaten
1 cup milk
3/4 cup ketchup
1/3 cup brown sugar

Mix together hamburger, onion flakes, oatmeal, salt, pepper, mustard, 1/4 cup ketchup, egg, and milk. Pour into a 9x5" pan. In a separate bowl, mix together 3/4 cup ketchup and brown sugar.  Pour on top of the loaf and bake at 350° for 1 hour.

**Allergy Free version **

No comments:

Post a Comment