Monday, January 28, 2013

Scotcheroos

I am not sure where this recipe originated, I have been making it since high school, and have not needed a written recipe for it since then, since it is so simple.  I have made it with Special K cereal also, it is good that way too.  I prefer it with milk chocolate chips, but I am partial to milk chocolate anyway, you can make it with semi-sweet.  You can also make it with crunchy peanut butter, but I am partial to creamy.

Scotcheroos

1 cup sugar
1 cup karo syrup
1 cup peanut butter
6 cups rice crispies
1/2 bag milk chocolate chips
1/2 bag butterscotch chips

In a large bowl, add sugar, karo syrup, and peanut butter.  Microwave about 1 minute and stir until smooth.  Add cereal and mix until combined.  Pour into a 9x13" pan and spread evenly.  In another bowl, mix chocolate and butterscotch chips and microwave on 30% power for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment